A new Horizon Europe MSCA-DN project has been funded by the European Commision.
Project Title: TREAD, data and pRocesses in sEismic hAzarD
Project Coordinator: Bruno Pace (Università Chieti-Pescara, Italy)
The aim of TREAD is to train a new generation of researchers to tackle the challenges of earthquake forecasting in complex tectonic settings using integrated observations and physics.
The TREAD objectives are:
(i) to develop a novel integrative approach to seismic hazard analysis in Europe and the Mediterranean from small-scale laboratory experiments to large-scale observations.
(ii) to establish physics-based earthquake modelling bridging time scales from millions of years to fractions of a second in complex tectonic settings.
(iii) to improve the link between earthquake geology, computational modelling and hazard and risk assessment with a focus on the needs of governments, industry and scientific stakeholders.
To reach these objectives the TREAD consortium comprises 14 academic and 8 non-academic institutions, of which 8 private partners, of high scientific level, from 7 European countries, covering cutting-edge knowledge and expertise in observational, experimental and modelling fields:
- Università degli Studi di Chieti-Pescara (Ud’A), Italy
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), France
- Universiteit Utrecht (UU), Netherlands
- Fondazione GEM (GEM), Italy
- Université Grenoble-Alpes (UGA), France
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU), Germany
- Universitat de Barcelona (UB), Spain
- Università degli Studi di Padova (UNIPD), Italy
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Switzerland
- Institut de Sureté Nucléaire et de Radioprotection (IRSN), France
- Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e Geofisica Sperimentale (OGS), Italy
- Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia (INGV), Italy
- Ruhr University Bochum (RUB), Germany
- Institut de Physique du Globe (IPGP), France
- Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HZDR), Germany
- Willis Tower Watson (Willis), United Kingdom
- IFP Energies Nouvelles (IFPEN), France
- Eléctricité de France (EDF), France
- Università degli studi di Milano Bicocca (UNIMIB), Italy
- Munich REb (MUNCHRE), Germany
- TNO (TNO), Netherlands
- TRE-Altamira (TRE), Italy
- Aix-Marseille Université (AMU), France
11 PhD positions will be available soon: HERE the details.